AIR - Artist-in-Residence ProgramThe SPACE AIR (Artist-in-Residence) Program provides a visual arts education to local schools. The program utilizes teaching artists to provide a standards-based, hands-on arts curriculum.
SPACE has provided AIR to three South Pasadena elementary schools for the last two years as well as to Aveson Charter School and Odyssey Charter School. The AIR Program can be customized to fit the needs of each school.
Program Focus and & Objectives
• Develop students’ artistic perception, skills, and appreciation, thereby aiding teachers in their efforts at meeting the California Visual and Performing Arts Standards.
• Weave the visual arts into other school curriculum to deepen and enhance learning in those subjects.
• Help classroom teachers engage students as active participants in learning the creative process
• Inspire creativity and personal expression
• Develop students’ critical thinking skills
• Help address the needs of students with diverse learning styles and capabilities.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE AIR PROGRAM, PLEASE CONTACT HOPE PERELLO, SOUTHPASARTS@SBCGLOBAL.NET, OR 626-441-4788.
Here's a short clip that shows AIR in action at the South Pasadena Elementary Schools 2011-2012: